Monday, January 14, 2008

Thing #13 - Social Bookmarking

I set up my own del.icio.us account. I thought it was neat to see if others had bookmarked the same things as myself. One thing I noticed is that even though you can access your bookmarks from any computer - by knowing your web address for del.icio.us - you will have to add the post to del.icio.us button to each computer you use to be able to add to your account from any other computer. I noticed that with Furl and Magnolia as well. I may be missing something though. I thought that Furl had an interesting ability and that is to archive the web pages that you tagged. It is really frustrating when you bookmark a site and it is gone. Furl would have an archived copy of the page. That could be really beneficial in the library for research purposes. This is one thing that will take more time to use and explore for me to decide how much I like it. Right now it appears to be beneficial.

No comments: