Monday, January 21, 2008

Thing #18 - Web 2.0 Winners


I explored the site Zillow. I'm always looking to see what is out there for sale and this is an easy way to do it. It's also an easy way, if you are nosy, to find out what someone's house might be worth. I looked at my house, my parents house, interesting houses and houses in my neighborhood. If I was seriously interested in buying and/or selling a house, this would be a tool to use. It was founded by a guy who started Expedia. I think he knows what he is doing and may be on to something. I found a guitar house for sale in Tennessee. Here it is.

I'm not really sure of the appropriateness of this site to libraries - unless it is with some kind of lesson on what houses are like or worth in different areas of the country.

2 comments:

Library Magic said...

If you are nosy, the Dallas county appraisal site is great for seeing what people's houses are worth!

schnauzermommy said...

I agree with you 100%. I felt like I was prying a little, but as library magic stated, it is all public record on the county appraisal site as well.

If I had seen this when I purchased my house, maybe I would have offered something else. It would have also been very helpful when I appealed my home's tax increase this summer. I guess I will know in the future.

I was talking with a coworker about our project and mentioned this site. She said she has looked up several of the Dallas Maverick's homes. Again, I think I would feel like I was prying or stalking:-)

I also agree I couldn't think of any practical uses for the Library but a great site to keep in the back of our mind.