Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Thing #11 - Library Thing

I liked Library Thing, but it isn't for me. I love to read and I am a firm believer in utilizing the library; therefore, I very rarely buy books for myself. As a result, I have very few books to catalog. I think it would be very beneficial for a person who wants to catalog his or her personal library. There are some very interesting posts out there and a person could easily spend all his or her free time tied to the computer checking everything out. I did catalog some of the books that I do have and you can check out my bookshelf.

2 comments:

Bookmaid said...

Even though I do not own that many books, I have read so many that I forget if I've read particular ones. Library Thing could be used just as personal list of what I have read. But I do not know if I would take the time to keep it up to date. Also, it would be good for finding new books to read, somewhat like browsing, but in the comfort of my home.

abclibrarian said...

I am like you, I don't own many books because I have always utilized the library. I don't have enough room at my house for all of the books I would love to own.