Monday, January 21, 2008

Thing #16 - Sandbox Wiki

It was very easy to add a post to this wiki. I'm still not sure about the uses with students at this time. I see wikis being used with teachers/librarians for collaboration purposes. Of course, I can hear it now with the teachers: "I don't have time for that!" If they would give it a chance I think they might like it. However, we have teachers that don't even check email every day so how in the world can I expect them to check a wiki? I'm still thinking on the Mockingbird WIki.

1 comment:

Ms. Mc.'s Message said...

I think you are right about the teachers thinking they don't have time for it. So often i hear that they don't have time for the lab. They are totally missing they point that, that is one way that our students learn. I think a wikki could be great for sharing writing or a culminating activity for a unit of study. Students could go in and post what they have learned in a unit of study.

I am so proud of you for going ahead with the Mockingbird wikki. It will be a great way for every one to share the great things they are doing with the Mockingbird books. Perhaps it will inspire others to enjoy the books.