Sunday, January 27, 2008

Thing #21 - Podcasting

I learned in an earlier staff development that podcasts aren't podcasts unless they recurring posts. I signed up for a few that day and didn't keep up with it. I looked at the different directories for this exercise and determined that once again, I won't keep up with it. I like the idea, it just isn't for me. I would most likely search for audio files for particular subjects at various times throughout the year. I did investigate the different resources and determined that Yahoo podcasts have limited feeds for the searches I conducted related to the library/books. The Educational Podcast Directory had hundreds of feeds, but it wasn't the most user friendly site. I thought that Podcast.net was the most user friendly, but I had difficulty subscribing to a feed. It was nice to learn that there are numerous ways of discovering podcasts should I ever want to subscribe to one.

No comments: