Monday, January 21, 2008

Thing #14 - Web 2.0

As I read various articles related to libraries and Web 2.0, I'm not sure that my mind can comprehend all that is involved with Web 2.0. I understand that it is the read/write aspect to the web. I'm having a hard time grasping all that it encompasses: Google docs, MySpace, blogs, del.icio.us, and the multitude of other things that I have yet to explore. What I do know is that it means that the things we do with the students in the library will change. I just don't know how fast it will actually happen. We will need to come up with new ways to meet the student's needs. I think to myself that I won't have to worry about it so much in the elementary setting, but I know that deep down it isn't true. I like the Library 2.0 Manifesto and what that librarian has listed, especially regarding the change and resistant colleagues. Our biggest problem at this point is the resistance I believe that the classroom teachers will put forth. Only time will tell!

No comments: